HRC adjunct status titles are granted where it is of benefit to the ANU to recognise a suitably distinguished professional specialist as an academic member of the University.
Adjunct Status holders will be awarded standard ANU academic titles with the appropriate prefix (for example ‘Adjunct Fellow')
Individuals holding honorary status, will have access to the University's information infrastructure and services, in some cases office accommodation, facilities, resources, equipment and premises under conditions agreed by the Head of The Humanities Research Centre.
Individuals holding honorary status with the University will:
- Be assigned an ANU staff member who will oversee their activities;
- Act in accordance with the Code of Conduct and comply with all relevant policies and procedures;
- Negotiate a mutually acceptable agreement in the event the University wishes to claim an interest in the Intellectual Property developed during the period of honorary status;
- Acknowledge their honorary status in any public statements made during the period of the honorary status and not imply any representation of such views as being those of the University; and
- Participate in the academic activities of the relevant College, and Centre where appropriate.
The University reserves the right to review its grant of honorary status at any time and may alter the category or revoke honorary status, where it is in the best interest of the University to do so. Decisions to alter or withdraw honorary status are at the discretion of the relevant delegated authority who is authorised to confer such honorary status.
Current Adjuncts at the Humanities Research Centre are: